Jul 18, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away - It's a bad thing today

Ok so after falling in love with the sound of thunder and the beautiful lightening that lights up the ENTIRE sky - I am about done with the rainy season.

It all started Tuesday night when I so lovingly agreed to take Kelsey dinner at 8pm after his Anatomy TA session (I know I know - he's such a lucky guy ;-p).  Well around 7pm it started to rain, and when I say started to rain, I mean monsoon, hurricane preparatory, end of the world, beginning of the 2nd great flood type of rain!  While making dinner I literally heard the windows and door rattling because the thunder was so loud/close and then the lights kept going out.  So I was sitting on my bed (this is due to the small apartment with no other real furniture other than a desk and chair) thinking to myself...."if it will just die down a little I can walk quickly to the Annex (about 5 minutes away) and hop in a shuttle to campus (about another 10 min walk from the Annex) and not being in a scary apartment that has lights going out and no cable" really the no cable was what was mostly motivating me to leave....SO around 7:50 I hear it die down, I rush to the Annex, wading through about 6 inches of a mini river that is now crossing the main street and arrive to find the shuttle there waiting.  Alas I have been saved,  I arrive on campus with dinner, laptop (to entertain myself), and fairly dry.  If this was the worst the rainy season was going to through at me, I was not only ready to take it on, I was going to CONQUEROR it!

Until Thursday night when I came home to make dinner and discovered.....................

Ewwwww.....these are what are called "flying ants".....and literally I kid you not there were over 100 of them on my kitchen floor when I was trying to make dinner.   These little ants will come out after a big rain (or apparently before a big storm) and the fly all around and towards any light....and because I had left our windows open - they are small enough to get through the screen.....

They will fly around, bite you and then die on the floor - it's really gross and makes me feel like I'm in some sort of weird horror movie.  So rainy season - if this is what you are going to through at me I would like to retract my previous statement and say - "Can't we all just get along??????"

Until next time family and friends......

No comments: